Barking Up the Wrong Tree draws on scientific studies and historical examples to answer 6 questions about success:
- Should we play it safe and do what we’re told if we want to succeed?
- Do nice guys finish last?
- Do quitters never win and winners never quit?
- Is it more important what you know or who you know?
- How important is believing in yourself?
- “Work, work work” or “work-life balance?”
The answers are not black and white. Eric Barker finds the most logical approach to each problem based on evidence on both sides of each argument. This book looks through all the hype that is out there in the self-improvement media and consolidates it into simple, practical pieces of advice that you can start using the day you read it. It is a very helpful resource for hard-working individuals who want to do everything it takes to be their best selves.